At Constant Lavida, our customers are number one - always. That's why everything we do is focused on providing excellent customer service and delivering low prices.
The information you share with us allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience. For example, when you shop on Constantlavida.com we use what we know about your shopping habits to let you easily reorder products and show you other products that may interest you.
We respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we're building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
This Policy covers how and why we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information.
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you visit the site or place an order online, to fulfill your order we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
Some laws define “personal information” differently, and we use those definitions when they are applicable. Rest assured, though, that no matter where you live, we treat your personal information with respect, and we collect, use, and share it only as described in this Policy.
See below for more information about what Personal Information we collect and why.
What Type of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our website.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, and returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you
- Collected from a device associated with you
Information Provided Directly by You
You actively share information with us in various ways in our website. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase, or other transaction, with us
- Create an account on our website
- Use a gift registry or create a mobile shopping list
- Participate in our programs, such as newsletters
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information
- Request customer service or contact us
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content our website
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You
You also passively provide us information in other ways through technology. This information helps our website works correctly and supports customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services that may be of interest to you. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This may include information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our website, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our website. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized shopping experience for you. For example: cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our site; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
- Precise Device Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our website and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To do the above, we may transfer or share your personal information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We are careful to share your personal information in ways that respect your privacy and only as described in this Policy. We view you as a valued customer, not a product, and we do not sell or rent your personal information to others for money. All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies for a business purpose. We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Constant Lavida maintain facilities. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
To deliver information about products and services that may be of interest to you, we may share information with other companies, such as publishers, advertisers and measurement analytics providers. For example, we may share device-related data (such as device identifier, type of device, IP address, cookies and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) and individual preferences and characteristics (such as insights and inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors). This information does not identify you directly but is necessary to personalize the advertisements you receive. Constant Lavida does not receive payment for this information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers you may be interested in.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to otherwise protect the safety, property, or rights of Constant Lavida and our customers, or other persons. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk
- search warrant or another lawful request
Mobile Location Settings
You can adjust the location settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this information. You will also need to adjust your device’s Bluetooth settings to completely disable the collection of Bluetooth location-related data. See your device instructions to learn more about these settings. In addition, we may offer you controls on our use of your mobile location information. See “What Types of Information Do We Collect?” above for more information on the types of location information we collect.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information.
You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on our website, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information.
- Contact us through one of the ways listed in the “contact” section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if it is reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals, and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise, we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make the changes you request or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent
- The performance of the contract between you and the website
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- To protect your vital interests
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Our Site Proceed with Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. We cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” below.
Who can I Contact?
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using:
611 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, Maryland, United States 21228